Sunday, June 6, 2010

Julie and Bailey

I saw the movie Julie and Julia. I thought it was going to be about cooking, but it was actually about blogging.* It inspired me to blog again.

When I started this blog, I thought I'd blog at least once a day. When that didn't work out, I aimed for every other day, then once a week.

My problem is that I expect every entry to be a masterpiece. As a reader, I tend to gravitate to blogs that not only have clever writing, but also contain relevant illustrations and links. But I couldn't make all my blog entries into encyclopedia articles AND still stick to blogging every day - it took too much time. Unfortunately, my feeling was that if it wasn't just exactly how I wanted it, I'd rather have no one see it at all.

Recently, Bailey, whose writing I admire, told me that I should just type my thoughts out and revise them later. When I complained that I was a perendinator, she did this: *shrug* That put me in my place, and I won't use procrastinating as an excuse anymore.

So from now on, I will be blogging everyday, even if I don't have anything earth-shattering to say, and it's not formatted perfectly. So beware! :)

* I exaggerate slightly. It was about blogging AND about chopping onions into a pile so high that when you enter the room, your eyes instantly tear up.

No comments:

Post a Comment